Sunday, September 14, 2008

I woke up this morning to her screaming in my ear from the other end of the telephone line. Its a nasty divorce.

I was at the Red a few days ago and met the craziest people ever. I met some dude who has the exact same music tastes as me and composes. He had some CUTE ASS friends, but I'm more interested in jamming with him. I know I talk and kid around a lot about women, but in all honesty I am going to try and take a serious stand on being single this year unless someone sweeps me off my feet.

The other day, at diversity training, we did an exercise when the person leading the session would name off statements, and if you matched the statement you would stand up in silence. He would name off statements such as "I identify as African American", or "At one point in my life I tried to commit suicide". I feel this year I was a lot more open with myself to our group, which (to me) shows a lot of growth. Its weird, because the exercise opened up a lot more. I feel like I need to express myself a lot more, because I wanted him to say certain statements, like "The only person I really have feelings for is taken, but I don't have the courage or lack of morals to do shit about it", or "I am frustrated with university students' lack of efficacy and respect towards social justice issues", or "My passion is music, but that road is too small, too narrow, and just too dangerous, so I chose college".


But I guess that is what this blog is for. This was originally intended for me to write notes about the music I've been composing, but its changed drastically. And now my head hurts, I think I'll go run to the corner store and buy some aspirin now.

No comments: