Sunday, March 29, 2009

Untitled 3

Sometimes I have the most brilliant ideas ever. The hard part is transferring it down to a piece of paper. 

I rarely do this, but I have a lot of cool new music to recommend that I stumbled on over spring break. Most of these groups/musicians have been around for awhile, and I can't believe I haven't crossed paths with them before, but I highly recommend:

-July Skies (ambient post-rock from England)
-Mouth of the Architect
-Emarosa/Dance Gavin Dance (basically anything by Jonny Craig. I never knew the dude was such an amazing singer)
-Anything by Mike Kinsella, esp. American Football and Owen
-The Appleseed Cast (earlier stuff)

On another note, I'm going to see Norma Jean tomorrow in SF. I can't sleep, so I think I'm gonna go write a song in the quad. Love love.

No comments: