Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Crash Course Into Real Life

Somehow, miraculously, I was hired with the California Franchise Tax Board to be a tax auditor for their Partnerships division. I'll be working out of their San Jose offices, which is AMAZING because my office is gonna be in downtown San Jose right off of Santa Clara Street. Ever since I got the job offer, my life has been crazy. Aside from all of the shit I do at school, I have to:

1. Book hotel rooms for my training in July in Sac and SJ
2. Buy a car (I got $10,000 to drop)
3. Find housing
4. Buy shit for my new place

Because of all of this shit that just fell on my place, I had to cancel with Gadgetbox and lost my deposit for studio time. I guess in a way its cool because I get to refine all of the parts I wrote so far, and I want to write a few songs in different dropped tunings (possibly a really heavy drop A song in the works?). 

Anyways, I guess everything worked out in the end. I was able to find a job in a recession/depression and I'm still in the area, so I still can come out to Santa Cruz and kick it.



Things are really exciting right now, but I'm still really sad that I don't have much time left in Santa Cruz...

No comments: