Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life-Like-Saccharine , Pt. I

I'm sitting in my room at the Embassy Suites in Downey and can't help but feel jealous. The lobby is littered with tourists and families on vacation, while I'm decked out in a dress shirt and slacks. I just got back from an audit and I'm sure most of these people just came back from the mall or from the beach. Fuck, I envy you guys.

The 9-5 life isn't really what its cracked out to be. Repetition becomes repetitive and life becomes one gigantic ebb and flow of waking up, working, and sleeping. Even though the business trips are really cool and I love the daily problem solving bullshit I have to go through, I really miss my undergraduate college years already and its only been a year.

Life is an inevitability and I'm really glad I kicked off my career literally the second I graduated college (a lot of the other 'new' auditors I work with are in their 30's...) but at the same time I feel like I'm robbing myself of something I really can't put a finger on...
----------------------------------------------

My diets going a lot better than my last diet. I fell into a lot of...pitfalls...during my last diet, culminating in eggplant parmigiana at The Olive Garden that put my diet 6 feet under ground. This time around, I think I'm a little more committed now that I don't have Fraternity stuff looming over me. I have to buy a new brown belt for work because ::drum roll:: IT DOESN'T FIT ANYMORE! Not only is the weight loss a plus, but I definitely have a lot more energy because I am eating healthy and working out.

Since I pretty much lost all of my creativity lately, my next few posts are probably just gonna be journal entries on my diet. I apologize in advance....


No comments: