Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Life-Like-Saccharine , Pt. II

Are you listening?

I don’t ever want to collect dust. Ancora Imparo; every person that has come and gone through my life has taught me something. Some of the best lessons in life are learned the hard way. I learned a lot about what I want in life through the people who have come and gone. Regardless if they left quietly in the middle of the night or if they left slamming the front door, I am slowly learning more about myself and what I really want and deserve. Sometimes leaving hurts.

God, it used to STING.

This time around it didn’t hurt at all, and I’m sorry you didn’t get to have the satisfaction of knowing that.

Shit, being the bigger person is tough. Your stretched-out half-truths are hurtful, but maybe thats the way you heal? I guess knowing the truth of how things unraveled gives me some sort of solace. I'm really happy right now with life in general and am really excited about what might be around the corner...I don't need to heal. If dragging my name through the dirt helps you through these hard times, then chain me up tight and slam your foot against the damn pedal. When you are done, let me know...I will be more than happy to unwrap the chains and be your friend.


All I ask it that you help me get the dirt off.

No comments: