Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Business Deal Gone Terribly, Terribly Wrong....

If you know me somewhat well, you should know by now that I have a fairly mild case of insomnia. For those of you who know me better than well, you should also know I have a fairly busy schedule that starts early in the morning, so insomnia doesn't fit too well into my life. When I was a little kid, I used to try staying up all night because I would have the darkest, nastiest nightmares ever. Instead of taking this route, the doctor my parents took me to see about my insomnia told me to keep a journal of all my dreams and nightmares. This sounds really stupid, but let me explain really fast:

When I used to have nightmares, I would try and kill myself AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so I could wake up or so the nightmare doesn't get too intense. You know how you kind of have some decision-making elements in your dreams? Well, obviously your nightmare isn't going to be bad if you are dead...I mean, whats the worst that can happen to you if you are dead in a dream? I used to have a reoccuring dream of driving on the Golden Gate Bridge with my parents and then getting hijacked and kidnapped by guys on motorcycles...you can bet that everytime I had a dream that I was driving on a bridge, I would make sure to drive off the bridge AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Boom, Bam, Splash, we all die, end of story.

Anyways, by keeping a journal of my dreams/nightmares I would be able to figure out which ones reoccur and find ways to get through them. Its kind of a habit that I've kept up until last year when I got lazy, but I'm starting to pick it back up again.





I just babbled about this because I just woke up from an amazing dream.




I had a dream that I was sailing in the Mediterranean with the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. I would trade my guitar hand for that of a painter so I could attempt to copy her face down, just so I could sit in my room and stare at her all day long. In my dream, she leaned over and whispered something in Spanish in my ear and kissed my neck. Goddamn.

No comments: