Thursday, July 31, 2008

When In Rome, Do As The Romans Do....When In Hell, Take Shots With Satan Himself.

Sometimes during the summer I feel like the main characater in a comic book. During the day, I work for the City of Suisun City's daycamp program (Summer Daze), basically taking care of 7-11 year olds. I teach them math, stupid games like hot potato, guitar (chyeaaaaahhhhh they learn twinkle twinkle little star) and they EVEN learn Richard Giddens' famous lingo; I have a classroom full of kids screaming out 'Random' and 'Wild Style' for 9 hours a day. When I go home, I already feel like the head of a household since I'm living with her this summer...cooking, washing dishes, foot massages...I guess you can just call them obligations. At night, I work at Best Buy and afterwards go to AJs pub to get stupid dumb and hyphy with my coworkers and find a way back home.

Of all these things, though, the most exciting part of my day is by far working with my kids at the Suisun Rec Center. Maybe this shows that I will be a great dad, since I love working with kids.
I'll be the perfect dad because I know what to do and know what not to do, thanks to natural instinct and being raised by horrible parents, respectively. Maybe its because I'm just a simpleton....I have so many friends traveling around the world right now, but I am having such an amazing time right now just working around my kids and going home to her.




*Today's joys: taking my kids to the firestation, playing "circuit", helping Kendra with addition, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: putting George and Noel in time out for half of the day by giving me pain and misery.

**One of my life goals may almost be complete. The two bartenders that serve me all the time at AJ's almost know what I usually order. Once I can order "the usual", I can check it off....its only a matter of time, and some of you may already know what "the usual" is.

***I sold two copies of City & Colour's new album the other day at work. I also just found out that my hot coworker has really good taste in music. Gotta creep it up.




****I decided this week that my son's name is going to be Arnel. Thats a damn good name.

No comments: