Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Avalanche In Drop Db

I twisted my ankle pretty bad at work the other day, so I've been hobbling around the house and I feel restless. I had plans to go with Erica to SF to meet her older brother tomorrow, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. Erica had a day off work today, so she stayed over and we watched movies all day (word of the wise: History Of Violence is horrible, The Prestige is pretty good, Lean On Me is a classic). My ankle feels a lot better, thanks to her.


Being single is hard. I think something that a lot of people in relationships take for granted (BUT THAT I NEVER HAVE) is being able to sleep with another person. No, I'm not talking about the sex, but just to be able to hold and fall asleep with someone you really care about is an unrivaled feeling. I noticed that I still sleep with my right arm stretched out, just as if its still wrapped around someone's body. I also still sleep at the corner of the bed, like if some imaginary woman is laying next to me at night.

I guess I'm just not used to sleeping alone....


I've been playing in Drop C tuning a lot over the last few days, which is kinda rare since I pretty much converted to Drop Db a few weeks ago. Drop C is still fun, but not as dirty sounding as Db. Since my ankle is fucked and I can't go to work, I've been learning a lot of August Burns Red and Misery Signals stuff, and trying to master techiniques like forced harmonics. After noodling around for awhile, I realized that I am getting REALLY GOOD at tremolo picking and triplets.


I've been listening to:
Norma Jean - "The Anti Mother"
August Burns Red - "Messengers"
Jack's Mannequin - "The Glass Passenger"

I've been re-reading House Of Leaves. Still makes me scared to walk around in whichever house I'm living in.


No comments: