Monday, August 11, 2008

I've Found Where Whales Go To Die, And It Is Beautiful.

"We are all in the same boat in a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty."
-G. K. Chesterton




I must have sat with her at the dock for hours. Our toes were dipped in the marina water, and we made choppy conversation. She lights a cigarette after the first hour, either because she is just nervous or because she wants to disappear with the smoke. I just nodded my head most of the time, but I think after awhile we just fell silent, not because we couldn't keep bullshitting, but because the Wind was singing in such a beautiful falsetto that it would have been a sin to interrupt him. Thank god she gave me a few days to move out, other women wouldn't have given me the courtesy.


I owe you one.








Well you know I hardly speak
When I do, it's just for you
I haven't said a word in weeks
Cause they've been keepin' me from you

There's a way where there's a will
You know I got no need for stairs
Step out on the window sill
Fall with me into the air

Here we go, hold on tight and don't let go
I won't ever let you fall
I love the night, flying over these city lights
But I love you most of all

No comments: