Monday, August 4, 2008

Summer In Vivid Colors

On the good days, I wake up in the morning on the couch with a hummingbird singing crooked notes outside of my window. On the bad days, I wake up next to her and see the lush colors in her eyes that Roy G. Biv would be jealous of. Some mornings these eyes make me feel guilt, knowing that I'm leaving to travel the world one day and she is always going to live in this town. Some mornings you just know that its just not your bed and you will never call it yours, even though it once was.


On the really, really bad mornings, her looks are just too dirty for me, and in 2 hours her eyes will end up making me regret.





Goddamn....











Whether the morning is good or bad, there's nothing to do in this town except fix yourself breakfast, grab your guitar, and go watch the wind scalp the white off the waves in the marina.



On the good mornings, you feel like stealing off in one of these sailboats. I'll trade my guitar in for an anchor and set sail to wherever these winds would want to take me...I feel comfortable enough to put all of my faith in them. I could travel the world and fall in love overseas to a beautiful woman in Spain, or Greece, or Italy....someone with rich culture and beautiful curly hair. We could live off somewhere in an island town where I can moor my sailboat on the beach and live life carelessly...I could be so damn happy.


On the bad mornings, you realize that all of you have is the guitar on your lap and a handful of real people in your life. The woman you are with a few blocks a way is waiting for you to come back to bed, even though its almost noon. She is beautiful, but she doesn't mean a fucking thing to me at all. And this is where I am going to draw inspiration for my next few songs.

No comments: